Botulinum toxin (type A) is a cosmetic injection that blocks the nerve signals that cause muscles to contract. This effect relaxes and smooths the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the face caused by repetitive movements. These imperfections are most commonly found between the eyebrows, around the eyes, and on the forehead in the form of horizontal creases that progressively become permanent frown lines on your face. Botulinum toxin is also used cosmetically to balance facial asymmetry and to relax tight or tense neck bands as well as used medically to reduce sweating and treat migraines and muscle spasticity.
Botulinum toxin has therapeutic benefits when used in conservative amounts. It acts as a muscle relaxant and can be used as a treatment for certain neuromuscular diseases as well as to smooth wrinkles or expression lines caused by aging or other external factors.
7 Benefits of Cosmetic Treatments Using Botulinum Toxin:
- The injections are relatively painless.
- The treatment is low risk.
- Little or no downtime is required for recovery.
- Botulinum toxin can help you look less angry and improve your appearance.
- Botulinum toxin can make subtle changes to your face that give you a refreshed, rested appearance.
- The injections can be used in a wide variety of applications on various parts of the face and neck.
- These treatments can be used to treat many types of problems, such as:
- Expression lines and wrinkles
- Facial asymmetry
- Muscle spasticity
- Eyelid spasms (blepharospasms)
- Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating (see perspiration reducer)
- Chronic migraines
- Cervical dystonia
- Movement disorders
- Crossed or lazy eyes
When and Why Should You Consider Botulinum Toxin Treatment?
- If you are wanting to treat deep lines on and around your eyes and forehead that can make you look tired, angry, sad, or upset.
- If you want to correct any asymmetry you may have in your eyebrows, cheekbones, chin, or in several points of the face by relaxing one muscle or another.
- To relieve migraines caused by facial expression or tension.
Are You a Good Candidate for Botulinum Toxin Cosmetic Treatment?
Contact us today or come to the Dr. Cardenas Aesthetic Medical Center for a detailed assessment of your profile! We will discuss everything you want to correct or tone with our treatments and provide you with information to cover all your concerns.